I've been wandering through some old Spy Magazine archives lately, and found a little list that had me laughing to the point of tears. Here are my favorites from...
"Name that Tune, Mr. Spock!"
•The leather coverings now encasing my pedal extremities have been manufactured for the specific purpose of ambulatory forward motion.
•Adieu, jaundiced vehicular pathway consisting of blocks of baked clay.
•You provide illumination for the period of time delimited by my nativity and the complete cessation of my metabolic function.
•The deity had little or nothing to do with the manufacture of minuscule viridescent seed-bearing fruits.
•Expresses deep affection toward yours truly in the manner of a hardened igneous object.
•There is a total lack of vaccine or similar relief for the feeling of ennui engendered by the period of the annum characterized by warmer overall temperatures.
•I resisted the body of legislative constraints upon behavior, and those same constraints emerged victorious.
.....Given the dates of Spy Magazine, these are older songs. What would Mr. Spock be singing today? Anyone?


8 comments:
It's my Birthday and I'll cry if I want to
These boots were made for walking
Goodbye yellow brick road
I'm thrilled. I actually have heard of some of these songs!
As a direct causal reaction, upon determining a positive affection for said object, the prudent course to have accomplished would have been the placement of a circular gold piece of decorative jewelry around said object.
Go, Sean! The best!
The termination of close interpersonal relationships is accompanied by disturbance, disharmony and difficulty.
God didn't make little green apples....
And she's buying a stairway to heaven....
I fought the law and the law won.....
It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To
She's Buying a Stairway to Heaven
These Shoes Were Made for Walking
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
You Light Up My Life
God Didn't Make Little Green Apples
Love Me Like a Rock
Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues
I Fought the Law but the Law Won
Oops. That should be "These BOOTS Were Made for Walking."
(I was lyin' when I should have been truthin'.)
Post a Comment