Friday, July 13, 2007

AWESOME LAST MINUTE POSTS ON HOGWARTS PROFESSOR

As the countdown to Book 7 moves into single digits (gulp!), John Granger has a couple of truly wonderful posts on HogwartsProfessor.com.

The first is a fascinating glimpse into a possible source for Severus Snape, both his name and maybe a bit of his history. As one who falls into the Snape-loved-Lily camp, I really liked this one.

The second post actually reminded me of early posts I made on this blog, essays that were part of my proposed book "All I Really Need To Know I Learned From Harry Potter," the book proposal for which was sadly shelved by the lawyers at the publishing house that wanted the book, since at that time there were no "companion" books out not published by Scholastic, and they were afraid of being sued. (Actually, it occurred to me right in the middle of the "Hidden Secrets" interviews for A&E that now might be the time to resurrect and update that book proposal...)

Anyway, Beth Priest, whose blog is linked over in the right hand column, has a lovely essay on lessons learned from Albus Dumbledore.

Don't miss either one of them!

...And with days left, I am hastening through my final dash (again) through Half-Blood Prince, this time paying special attention to things Rowling mentions that we've seen before, but which don't seem to play into the Book 6 plot (like The Draught of Living Death. Like Grawp.). Mentions which may be her confirmations of set-ups to be paid off in Book 7.

Hopefully I'll finish in time to post here (and in time for you to read before you turn to more important reading). In the meantime, have fun reading the posts on John's site!

No comments: